Are you interested in raising money for the monkeys? There are a number of ways you can contribute to the monkeys from afar. See below for some ideas on how you can make a unique, effective and most importantly –FUN campaign to raise funds for the VMF…
The most important part of a fundraiser is to make it your own by choosing an activity and a funding goal that incorporates things that will keep you motivated until you reach the finish line. By sharing your enthusiasm for the cause with your friends and family, you will inspire others to join you in making a difference for the monkeys.
Personal fundraisers can take many different forms:
- Get your friends and family to sponsor an achievement like climbing a mountain, or completing a 10km run. Athletic achievements are a great way to raise money for a cause you care about while keeping yourself fit and healthy.
- Are you creative or crafty? You can sell handmade jewellery, paintings or other crafts online or at local markets, or offer music, yoga or dance lessons and donate a portion of your proceeds to to the foundation. You could also make items for us to sell in our online or onsite gift shops.
- Reach out to your employer: most companies love to support their passionate employees and worthwhile organisations. Speak to your HR representative or Giving Officer to learn more about your company’s giving programmes.
- Others have decided to ask for donations for the VMF in lieu of flowers or gifts at weddings, funerals, birthdays, and other large events.
- Some of our former volunteers have invited their friends to a gourmet vegan dinner and held a silent auction with proceeds going to the foundation.
- Do you have a sibling or a child in school? Incorporate lessons about the monkeys and the environment with a fundraiser. Maybe some of the kids will even volunteer with the vervets when they’re old enough.
- Get silly with it: in the past VMF staff have raised considerable funds through silly haircuts and other oddball activities like movie marathons or sponsored silences.
- Contact your local vegan restaurants and cafes to see about doing a “change drive” for a week or hold a screening of the Vervet Forest Documentary for a charity evening.
- You can ask your local businesses to put out collection boxes for the monkeys and post flyers about volunteer and donation opportunities.
- Help organise a concert or a benefit on behalf of the monkeys by contacting any bands or musicians you may know. Charity concerts are a great way for rising stars to get more fans while supporting the monkeys!
Many volunteers have found that creating campaigns through justgiving.com or other crowdfunding websites (depending on their nationality). Setting up a fundraising page is quick and easy and will give your supporters a chance to learn more about the cause.
In addition to funds, the VMF is always grateful for donations of supplies and equipment. Contact your local hospital or veterinary clinic to ask for much needed medical supplies and medications. Contact us for our current wishlist. If you have supplies to donate, please email us first to arrange delivery to the foundation.